2022-06-02 | NDAQ:UPWK | Press release
New interactive learning center to provide career advice, development opportunities and other educational resources
Upwork (Nasdaq: UPWK), the global job market, launched today Upwork Academya learning hub for professionals looking to grow their business on Upwork, in addition to releasing a wide range of updates, features, and resources for its Upwork Community.
Skilled professionals around the world turn to Upwork to reassess their priorities, pursue professional and personal growth, and explore new ways of working. Upwork’s community is the ultimate hub for career and work news, ideas, training, and trends where people can connect, learn and grow, and have a more engaging Upwork experience.
“Upwork is a unique tool and an opportunity for everyone who uses it, and the new Community offerings are designed to meet those unique needs: education, discussion, thought leadership and more,” said Francis Murphy, Vice President of Community at Upwork “Our Community has long positioned itself as a support channel. While we’re always here to help, we now offer so much more in terms of content, connection, and community development.” the community.”
“I’ve been on Upwork for over six years and it’s been life changing giving me the freedom to leave a difficult personal situation and avoid working 9 to 5 so I have the flexibility to support my three children. alone,” said Jennifer Lester, writing expert and leader of Upwork’s women’s community group. “Upwork’s community, in particular, has helped my business grow while allowing me to engage and learn from other female entrepreneurs like me who have faced similar challenges.”
User feedback has had a direct impact on community updates. For example, an audit earlier this year found that members were interested in additional resources related to job search and job matching, getting started with Upwork, and coaching. The feedback had a direct impact on several new solutions and countless Upwork community features delivered in the first half of 2022, and many more to come, including:
- Today launch of Upwork Academyan interactive learning hub for all Upwork users looking to grow their business, including the publication of 11 on-demand courses with topics ranging from “Create Your Profile” to “Submit Proposals”.”
- Introduction ofAcademy Coaching cohorts to help talent succeed on Upwork. Academy piloted cohorts this quarter with expert coaching teams involving social impact partners Gaza Sky Geeks and CatipillHERS.
- Creating a new home for Upwork Skills Certifications, where talent can learn more about available skill assessments, access test prep materials, and opt in to Web, Mobile, Software Development (WMSD) and design and creation (D&C).
Community platform and content
- Deployment of a complete overhaul of the Upwork community, including a new homepage, updates to forums, and features aimed at increasing functionality and scalability.
- Launching the Career Path Database by the end of the quarter, a collection of personal stories that tell the journey people have taken to get where they are in their careers with different paths (freelance, full-time, solopreneur, etc.) .). Stories will be shared in various formats such as video, photo and audio and will include worksheets and companion guides to help users achieve their goals.
Community groups and events
- Availability of 20+ Community groups – places for collaboration and celebration for the community to connect, learn and grow on themes such as identity, industry, interests and impact. New groups are launched monthly and provide members with a sense of belonging and other opportunities to uplift, including those in rapidly changing location-based groups. Current country groups include: USA, Philippines, Pakistan, Kenya, Egypt, Ukraine, Moldova, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Germany, with many other groups of countries to come throughout 2022. Several groups have seen hundreds or thousands of members join in the first few days. launch.
- Strengthening of Community eventsincluding:
- Adopting a new event hosting platform to enhance event offerings and transform events into a one-stop-shop for upcoming, live, and past community event content.
- Launching a whole new series of community events “Community hours,” as well as product events, interactive workshops and expert discussions with guest speakers.
- Restarting Localized Talent Events in Ukraine with a “Upwork LIVE support for talent in Ukraine” an eventand hosting in-language events with geo-customized content for five international markets in the second quarter.
- Enabling user-generated events within community groups.
To celebrate the release of Academy, Upwork will host a virtual event on June 7 at 9:00 a.m. PDT. Join us as our team browses the new on-demand talent resource and discusses the enhanced community experience for freelance professionals.
Connect with qualified, global and in-demand talent on Upwork Community.
Upwork is the global job market. We serve everyone from one-man startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that empowers businesses and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential. Our talent community earned over $3.3 billion on Upwork in 2021 across more than 10,000 skills in categories including website and app development, creative and design, customer support, finance and accounting, consulting and operations. Learn more about upwork.com and join us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, instagramand ICT Tac.